Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Luther Wright and the Wrongs

This band was mentioned to me last week by a Canadian friend (yes, I was in Canadia at the time, but the friend is here). The name of the band is so great, I had to listen. The first couple songs didn't make a big impression, but a recently posted ditty called The Land of Milk and Honey wormed it's way right into the center of my heart, with all my other favorite music. I highly recommend you listen to it (Lefty), and then listen to it again and let it worm its way into yours. "Things Twice" ain't bad either-- a little ghost of Tom Pettyish, which is good because, although I don't love Tom Petty, I seem to love singers who do.

http://www.myspace.com/lutherwright

Here's the album cover from their bluegrass recapitulation of Pink Floyd's The Wall, for all you banjo enthusiasts.

(Isn't it funny that we are posting things as if anyone but you and I are reading this? As if, for example, a whole bunch of banjo enthusiasts might be reading this?)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe people do read this! While I have no interest in hearing about people's personal lives through the internet, I LOVE to hear about new music! I actually feel like the primary function of the internet is to provide me with music. Although I'm sorry to report I'm not a banjo enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete