Monday, May 17, 2010

The Beaten Sea, The White Buffalo, and Megafaun

Hurray! It's Monday! I have a triple shot for all you banjo and non-banjo enthusiasts out there!

First of all, I recommended the Dallas Family Band a while ago, but Lefty complained because "they" (meaning the collective) don't have an album. For his sake, and the rest of you who might not spend an inordinate amount of time tethered to your computer where you can stream whatever you please, I am happy to announce at least two of the 7ish bands in the collective have now released an album. Spooky Folk put theirs out a while ago, and I have been delinquent about picking one up, but will. The Beaten Sea just had their CD release party last friday, and I will also be getting theirs sometime soon too no doubt. I still recommend streaming from the 'sounds' tab on the DFB webstie, but if you absolutely must possess it, it is now possible....

Second of all, last week I stumbled upon The White Buffalo (Jake Smith's moniker) and have been listening to it all morning. It is great-- in a nutshell, it is what you would hope Eddie Vedder solo acoustic stuff would sound like, but doesn't, but even better. I love it, especially three songs so far-- Damned, Love Song No. 1, and Sweet Hereafter, but the more I listen, the more I like them all. Take a gander and enjoy. Immensely.

THIRD (yes, 3!) is a group I just learned about from the indie music blog hear ya (which I will add to the sidebar because it seems great) called Megafaun. Lots of potential here-- I have only listened a bit, but I like what I hear and wanted to share the band, and the site.
Save as Draft

No comments:

Post a Comment