Wednesday, September 8, 2010

listenlisten


Am I the only person who posts to this blog anymore? Granted it's New Music Wednesday this week (my bad!), but I have been suffering some pret-ty significant technical difficulties the last few weeks. Throw in a Labor Day holiday and I am useless! But today's band is excellent. Perhaps not new to you, but excellent nonetheless. They are called Listenlisten. No, I didn't stutter. That's their name, which Rolling Stone LOVES (see below). They are from Texas and are helping me get over my emotional departure from the state with which, it turns out, I have a fairly complex relationship. The love, the loathing-- it's all very complicated. Anyway, listen to it. I can't really describe it any better than they did, but I can add that I dig it. You should just give it a listenlisten. I crack myself up.
“Finally, a band name we can believe in! Mysterious and borderline un-Googleable Houston collective proves expert at putting the ghosts back into Goth-folk. Their upcoming full-length, Hymns from Rhodesia, is a spellbinding collection of country-gospel songs haunted by loneliness and loss.” --Rolling Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment