Monday, July 26, 2010

RTB2

Not to be confused with the Star Wars character, RTB2 is a duo from Denton, TX that I have recently opened my ears to (which can make liking a band that much more sweet, I have noticed). Within the continuum of my musical taste, they definitely represent something near one end (the hard rock end, to be specific), but it is melodic and emotive and I enjoy their sound immensely and think you might too. It is in the neighborhood of The Black Keys, but more garage-y and raw. You can listen to some songs of theirs on their myspace page here or download their whole first album for free from their record label here (a label, by the way, with lots of other good bands, most of which let you pay-what-you-want or download their music for free). RTB2's most recent album was recorded live. What they sacrifice in so-called perfect sound quality I think they hoped to recoup in raw energy, and I can vouch for the fact that they put on a great show. Listen to The Spilling Blood Child (which will be on my 2010 Lake CD in a few short weeks) for an example of why I have come around....

No comments:

Post a Comment